Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Afline Setup
  • teacake
    Free Member

What should I be paying for the hub, spokes, rim, shifter all built up?

Del

you’re probably getting into about 300 quid now 🙁
    on-one had stock of alfine kit, i’m not aware of anyone else who has. maybe JRA, but they’ll want to put it on a stan’s rim, not that this is a problem, but might not be your first choice.
    FWIW i have one on an inbred and it went on there nicely. not a great deal of time riding it, but it seems to work pretty well.

teacake
    Free Member

You seem to be right about the £300. My LBS quoted £300 all fitted to the bike. It seems I’m about 2 months the wrong side of the Shimano price hike.

Can you tell me how the hub is to ride with?

Del

i could say ‘search is your friend’, but i looked for you 🙂
    here you go:
    alfine thoughts
    3/4 of the way down.

u02sgb
    Free Member

I’m quite liking mine too (also on an Inbred). It’s only had commuting duties so far though. Bought it from PlanetX for £120 for the hub, can’t remember what the bits cost. Then got it built onto a Mavic XM717. Think that cost £50 but can’t quite remember.

It does make the back of the bike noticeably heavier. Not having taken it offroad I’m not sure if htat’s a big problem though! Nice clean shift and I’ve swapped the sprocket end of the cable for an XTR end cap and rubber seal to see if I can get away with less maintenance than usual (as that was my whole reason for buying it in the first place).

Stu.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Afline Setup’ is closed to new replies.