Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Afghanistan
  • TeddyBare
    Free Member

Yet another change at the top of the military. Apparently serving "our" interests.

al-Qaeda are operating in Pakistan and out of Somalia and Yemen. What, exactly, is the point of propping up the Karzai "government"?

Anybody?

iDave
    Free Member

cheap source of morphine for treating injured troops, and huge mineral reserves etc

soobalias
    Free Member

yet another change??

to whom are you refering?

TeddyBare
    Free Member

Petraeus/Richards

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Is this going to be another one of those threads where desperately confused types, who fail to comprehend the fact that the military have to go where the government send them parrot a load of stuff that they once read in a John Pilger article?

Not sure what you mean by 'yet another change at the top of the military' either.

General Richards is the new CDS, a position that rotates approximately every 3 years. The previous incumbent had been in post for over 4 years for the sole reason that he was sympathetic to the Labour party.

jahwomble
    Free Member

Mineral reserves and twenty billion barrels of undeveloped oil reserves and 6.6 trillion cubic meters of natural gas that needs to be moved from around the Caspian Sea through a planned 42 inch pipeline that the West does not want the Taliban ars*ng around with..

If you want read more, simply google "oil" "minerals" and "Afghanistan"

TeddyBare
    Free Member

Not sure what you mean by 'yet another change at the top of the military' either.

new CDS, a position that rotates approximately every 3 years.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

QUOTE: Teddy Bare – Member

new CDS, a position that rotates approximately every 3 years.

UNQUOTE.

Seriously, what's your point?

Traditionally, the post of CDS has rotated approximately once every 3 years in order that the British Army, Royal Navy and Royal Air Force each take their turn at the top job.

So, change is inevitable, but at any rate the previous CDS was in post for over 4 years (ie: more than 3 years).

I'll ask again, what is your point?

If this is going to be another one of those 'soljaz r baybee killaz' threads then I'll just go and look at Comment is Free instead.

sofatester
    Free Member

Here we go again 🙄

TeddyBare
    Free Member

I didn't have a "point" exactly. It just seems to have been going on for too long with the changes at the top (for whatever reason) not seeming to make any difference. They all come along talking about new tactics and approaches yet the situation never seems to improve.

My question would be, given the likely accuracy of jahwomble's analysis, what are the likely results of the resources falling into hands other than ours. And whose hands might that be?

jahwomble
    Free Member

At least he's not droning on about religion or hi fi again, for the time being anyway.

TeddyBare
    Free Member

Who?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Which directional cables for electrocuting Catholics?

jahwomble
    Free Member

who?:) anybody that normally does…..Genrally I meant it least this thread is not about hifi or religion, well yet anyway.

TeddyBare
    Free Member

barnsleymitch – Member

Any, but you're first… 😆

jahwomble
    Free Member

oh **** there we go.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Managed to out yourself then – not that you were so difficult to spot anyway.

TeddyBare
    Free Member

Anyway, be quite startling, I would imagine, to see al-Qaeda takeover Pakistan along with it's nuclear capabilities whilst just next door, the Taliban get hold of all that mineral wealth and the ability to hold the gas supply route to ransom.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

🙄

TeddyBare
    Free Member

Did I miss something?

fatboyslo
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

Ecosse Composer.. very good female voice reproduction too..

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

hee hee!

notlocal
    Free Member

"Could you go down to our Milton Keynes (Bastion) office and sort out a problem they seem to be having"
    As an employee, do you:
    a. Tell your boss (commanding officer) to " go fu*k himself"
    OR
    b. Do as you're told because they pay your wages.

Insert answer according to whether you've got the bollocks/financial security to risk not having a job/income to feed your family after leaving a life of no other job prospects.

I may or may not agree with the reasons for British troops being deployed overseas, but while they are there, they all get my admiration and support for doing something most of us wouldn't have the balls to do.
    Per Ardua Ad Astra, Per Mare Per Terram, Be The Best, The Team Works.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Afghanistan’ is closed to new replies.