Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Afghanistan
  • tankslapper
    Free Member

Is it just me or does Afghanistan suck the big one?

HTTP404
    Free Member

i blame it on Rambo III

tankslapper
    Free Member

Funnily so do I!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Is she a Little Oral Annie's friend?

alpin
    Free Member

when Blair was PM he was asked why he didn't raise taxes for the highest earners (top 2%) and his reply was that it was too difficult and that the people would simply employ more accountants to get out of paying the higher taxes….

….starting two wars in foreign countries was relatively easy then….

brilliant.

kimbers

well it is a war, generally they are the low point of humanity

tankslapper
    Free Member

Well said Kimbers

Although I felt the Falklands had more of a moral crusade element going on (un-found oil aside) this is developing into much more of a trench warfare mentality with no foreseeable exit strategy

kimbers

thats coz the sun had some rousing patriotic mojo whipping up the nation
    our intervention in bosnia is the only time i get a moral vibe

Northwind

Might have gone a wee bit better had we not gone off and got in another war, also with no exit strategy, shortly after. Ah well.

colnagokid

Its all about keeping the Taliban/Al Queda holed up where they can be controlled.

epicyclo

colnagokid – Member
    Its all about keeping the Taliban/Al Queda holed up where they can be controlled.

Could do that by legalising opium products – it would cut their revenue source out from under them.

It would also cut our crime rate because the poor losers who are addicted could get it clean and on prescription without having to steal anything.

The only way we can control Afghanistan is by going back to the old colonial technique of genocide of uppity natives, and that idea has poor long term prospects.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i think im going out there in august next year. im not looking forward to it, but its my turn. i just keep thinking of the bike i can buy when i get home

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Thing that annoys me about it is this, the Taliban never gave a sh1t about the outside world and were just busy oppressing their own people. They had nothing to do with Al qaeda until the yanks went barging in there because it was the nearest place where people wear towels on their heads. They invaded the wrong country because they don't know how to deal with terrorists. If they can't bomb it they are fekked.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Afghanistan’ is closed to new replies.