Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • affordable 29er frames with ebb ..what's out there?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

that’s any good apart from the swift ?

JRTG
    Free Member

How about the Tomac Flint? From Chainreaction, £400 and very light ali?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Chumba HX2. £399, though we are offering 10% discount voucher codes. Email me for details.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP why are you asking about 29ers?

kaiser
    Free Member

OP why are you asking about 29ers?

because I fancy building one up with my speedhub as possibly a Do it all machine. I’m fairly tall and like the aesthetics + the extra momentum/bump consumption. have had very limited rides on them admittedly . why are you asking Why I’m asking?

cc17
    Free Member

I’ve got a brand new old stock Salsa El Mariachi with the True Temper frameset.Size 18″. Has a bushnell EBB and comes in a very attractive grren colour but only if you like green!Tis a beautiful frame and would accommodate the rohloff well

ccopeATlongroadDOtacDOTuk if you want pics

ta

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP – it was your other thread about rocky terrain – just seemed an odd question, I wondered if you had a specific use in mind. 29ers do smooth out trails a bit but it’s no suspension – i.e. closer to a 26″ HT than a 26″ short travel FS.

Not an EBB, but I bought a Specialized Rockhopper frame with sliding dropouts to use with a Rohloff for £200.

They’ve only got smalls left now though, so maybe not much help.

Edit;
    Just read this bit “… I’m fairly tall…“, so sorry, definitely not much help.

flange
    Free Member

I’ve got a Kona Unit (US made one) with slidey drop outs in a 20 for £110?

goodgugu
    Free Member

I second Si from Progressive Bikes Chumba HX2 recommendation.

I used an HX1 for my 26″ Rohloff Speedhub build – really happy with it.

Chumba HX1 Rohloff

ferrit32
    Free Member

Singular Swift

goodgugu
    Free Member

Sorry about the extra post – newbie! Finally sussed out how to get an image to display…

Just found a scandium Kona Big Unit on ebay, as used and recommended by Graham “Frame Breaker” Phillips.
    I’ve had more mileage out of my second hand medium Big Unit than I did out of a brand new large Lynskey Ridgeline and Gary Fisher Rig combined.

shinsplints

Apologies for slight thread hijack but flange could you e mail me regards the Unit 20″ 29r frame please ?
    My e mail is rollason73@hotmail.com
    Thanks pal.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘affordable 29er frames with ebb ..what's out there?’ is closed to new replies.