• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by redx.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • afan/glyncorrwg parking
  • mah05
    Free Member

are the parking tickets transferable? or do you have to pay twice

z1ppy

I don't believe so, the Afan center is run by the council & Glyncorrwg by the forestry commission IIRC. If your only going to ride the Wall @ Afan I park by the iron footbridge bridge in a free car park off the Neath rd

mah05
    Free Member

ok cheers i have only ever done whytes. so wanted to try either the penhydd or wall on the way back just wasnt keen on paying £6 for parking

peteimpreza

Glyncorrwg is not run by the FC. They have no input to or control over that site.

Afan is a FC site.

I doubt the tickets are transferrable.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pay for parking. It helps improve the economy of a struggling location.

Stump up, go on!

RichPenny
    Free Member

Is it £6 now? That's gone up a bit… Still, as Flashie says, pay your cash to keep the development going.

mikey3
    Free Member

if you go to and do whites first and then go down and park at afan about 3 o clock you should get away with paying for a half day ticket (£1.50)

trailmonkey

Pay for parking. It helps improve the economy of a struggling location

Any ideas why it's struggling Flash ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Why not do the W2 trail, where you ride Whites and the Wall – linking across at the top?

You can start at either centre, do the climb on one trail, the descent on the other and then the other climb and descent.

LisaJ
    Free Member

The Afan Visitor Centre is run by the local authority and Glyncorrwg is run by a local communtiy group,all money goes back into site development and if you think about it, £6 is a bargain for a day out?

roach

£6 = 2 pints

martyntr
    Free Member

Why not do the W2 trail

Exactly what I was going to say….

llama

Don't need to go anywhere near afan forest car park to do the wall because its closer to Glyncorrwg (unless you want to get your feet wet)

redx

Season tickets are transferable between the two, but i don't think day tickets are…. However the guys who look after the Afan carpark are pretty reasonable, so if you show the ticket from Glyncorrwg, you may get away with not having to pay again……

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘afan/glyncorrwg parking’ is closed to new replies.