Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Afan which tyres
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

I’m going to afan for the first time Friday 13th..
    I didn’t want to turn up with the wrong tyres..currently got got racing Ralph’s on.

Will this do, I’m concerned they might not be the best choice if it’s wet/damp ?
    Other than that I’ve got MK 2’s and X kings i can throw on.

TIA..

cloudnine
    Free Member

Whatever will be grippy in the wet

cubemeup
    Free Member

always plenty of grip over afan, whites and the wall are quiet rocky so a nice fast rolling tyre is best

sideshow
    Free Member

If you do the new Blade trail you might want something that handles mud a bit better (MK2) but otherwise RR will be fine. Assuming they are snakeskin that is.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Yes racing Ralph’s are snake skin.. went for them after having the normal ones with the paper side walls.
    there the only tyre that I trust in the bends..strange as they have little tread.

Just seen the weather forecast for the next 2 weeks…heavy rain and thunderstorms.

I’ve been tempted to try Hans dampfs but not sure if they will be two big for the rear on my anthem 2009? Would have thought they will fit my Sid RCT3’S..

Paceman
    Free Member

Your usual Racing Ralph’s will be fine, particularly as you have the snakeskin ones. Fast rolling tyres work well at trail centres.

campfreddie
    Free Member

i run hans dampf front and racing ralph rear (both snakeskin) on my sb-66 which currently only ever gets ridden at Afan.

never had any issues running the racing ralph on the back, even in wet conditions.

i used to run nobby nics front and rear but had some scary moments on the front when riding at afan is less-than-pleasant conditions (ie. ice on the berms). the hans dampf feels properly planted to the extent where i simply don’t have to think about it.

zerocool

3.0 Gazzalodis for the win

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Afan which tyres’ is closed to new replies.