Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Afan – Where to stay
  • peterich
    Free Member

Hi all
    Going to visiit afan and brecfa in a couple of weeks have seached the usual accomodation and trying to keep the price down also recon campings out at the mo
    anyone stayed at the queens bb near afan center and can anyone sugest any other good places to stay (the place with the 4x track is full)
    Thanks in advance for your replys
    pete

Bazz

Stayed at the Afan lodge last time i went there, i think it was about £40 per person per night, very comfortable though, includes breakfast, right on the trails and secure bike storage. I’d stay there again.

toys19
    Free Member

brwn bettws lodge

AdamW
    Free Member

If you mean Easter you can’t go to Bryn Bettws (I think) cos my club has nabbed them!

Sooo looking forward to getting there in a few weeks. 😀

brakes
    Free Member

Port Talbot?
    I’ve stayed in a twin room in the Premier Inn in Port Talbot. It was well cheap – about £15 each or something and there is a lively pub next door (we were there when the 6 Nations was on).
    Also stayed in the Grand Hotel in Port Talbot which was about £25 each for a twin.

Steelsreal

afan vestry is cheap and big, on the trail (ish) but a longish walk to the pub..

toys19
    Free Member

Adam Brwn Bettws has loads of accomadation. Not just the log cabins but a bloody great youth hostel thing, have you got all of it?

peterich
    Free Member

Brwn bettws is fully booked in 2 weeks time
    Thanks for the replys though did premier inn let you keep the bikes on the room

singletrackfred

+1 Afan Lodge

superfli
    Free Member

Green Lanterns On way to Neath. 15mins away. Cheap in the bunkhouse – £15 each and includes a great breaky. Steakhouse is fantastic too.

mudmonster
    Free Member

Bryn teg in Cymmer

deano8
    Free Member

As superfli said, comfortable and the steak is amazing

Kryton57

Brynteg house in Cymmer. Always excellent, and the Railway Pub 16oz gammon steak is a worthy challenge. We’ll be there in April.

brakes
    Free Member

Yep, Premier Inn let us take bikes up to the room.

ask1974
    Free Member

+1 Afan Lodge. Exceeded expectations buy a comfortable margin. Going back.

Frankers
    Free Member

We use Bryn Teg, right in the middle of the trails

If a group of you i can recommend Rose cottage next to the main B&B

Rose Cottage

edoverheels
    Free Member

Another for the Bryn Teg
    Stayed there last year (9 of us) and going back again this year

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Another vote for Afan Lodge here, but that’s because I live just down the road and my brother is the head chef there, so I have had the breakfast on many occasions……..

Nobby

Kryton57 – Member
    Brynteg house in Cymmer. Always excellent, and the Railway Pub 16oz gammon steak is a worthy challenge. We’ll be there in April.

You don’t do it justice – it’s 20oz of gammon 🙂

Frankers
    Free Member

just priced up Afan Lodge for 2 of us staying 2 nights at the end of May. £180 !!! thats expensive !!!

makkag
    Free Member

Bryn teg , queens B&B , Bryn Bettws , or the castle hotel in neath are doing specials – friday nights in the workies could be detremental to the riding though !!! twas mine . with the new trail and bikepark next to it id be tempted to stay at Bettws now though as you can warm up without the climb and do zig zags as your first decent !

Kryton57

Nobby – Member
    Kryton57 – Member
    You don’t do it justice – it’s 20oz of gammon

No wonder I can never eat it, I’m training 4oz short….

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Booked in at Green Lanterns. Seems the only place with rooms available for weekend before Easter!

First time I’ll be leading, so any advice on how to tackle the trails appreciated! We did W2 and Skyline last year, but it’d be good to know if trying to get on either one is a good/bad idea from where we’re staying.

E.g: Would it be a bad idea to try and cycle to the trails from where we are, or should we just drive up to where we need to get to?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Afan – Where to stay’ is closed to new replies.