Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Afan valley trail centre going for the first time.
  • dannymite1981
    Free Member

Me and my mate’s are thinking of going to the afan valley trail centre and doing the skyline trail,can someone please tell me how well the route is sign posted.Also any info on how technical,and physically hard.cheers

clubber
    Free Member

Don’t do skyline. It’s way too much fire road and there are diversions in place too. Do W2 which is much better. Signage is very good. You’d have to try to get lost I reckon.

How hard or physical is obviously relative. I’m very unfit at the moment and did it last weekend. There’s nothing you couldn’t ride fully rigid but it is pretty rocky in places.

dannymite1981
    Free Member

Cheers clubber,how long is the route because we are wanting around 4-6 hours on the bikes.

wavejumper
    Free Member

its about 24 miles. Took me about 3.5 hours yesterday to do the full W2 with about 15minute break included in that time. There is a new temporary diversion on whites descent and climb at the moment which is a bit pants but a necessary given the work going on. Skyline is a long ride but a lot of fire road as said before. The W2 is more exciting.
    Or you could head to Brechfa……….. similar to the W2 in length.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

Agreed with above.
    Give skyline a miss.
    Options are ride W2 which is whites level and y Wal. Y Wal has a superb descent (one of the very best) but is a long old slog of a climb.
    Ride whites level twice (it’s that good, don’t miss out the black section like some do)
    Ride whites level then do up and ride skyline descent.
    There’s also the bike park if you fancy messing about in some jumps

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lots of diversions last weekend…..
    Brechfa is well worth a trip, too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Afan valley trail centre going for the first time.’ is closed to new replies.