Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Afan trip this Friday.
  • llamaknob
    Free Member

Me and about ten lads are doing a weekender at Afan this coming weekend.Its my first time and cant wait,i’ve dont a few in wales but this one i’ve been looking forward to for some time.How are the trails up there at the moment,muddy etc?
    It looks like the plan is F.O.D on the way over friday then a maga ride at Afan on Saturday.The question is what about sunday, another shorter ride at Afan or something else on the way home(West Midlands)Anything else worth doing in the local area or should we stick to Afan for 2 days?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Cwm Carn is on the way back, also the new trails at Blaengarw just over the valley

rwc03
    Free Member

Went for the first time in March, trials in great condition then so can’t imagine they’re any worse now. I enjoyed it immensely apart from taking a saddle to the balls near the end of W2 (maybe time for a dropper), have fun

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    llamaknob
    Free Member

Planning on doing W2 on Saturday. What is the next best trail at Afan?Are the remaining trails better than the other two mentioned above?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

I did Y Wall last week and it was in fine condition and we haven’t had any serious rain since then so I’d imagine that you’ll have a blast! If you do do Y Wall look out for the new bit to the right before you go down the final descent (Zig Zag)…it’s worth a look!

llamaknob
    Free Member

Cheers roadie ill keep my eye out for it, any info on skyline?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

None I’m afraid, I’ve not been down here long enough to have fully explored the area, although as a casual observation having moved here from Edinburgh (read that as ‘rode at Glentress alot’) I find that the climbs here are a bit steeper and that it’s useful to keep a gear in reserve as some of them ‘kick up’ a bit at the top.

llamaknob
    Free Member

No matter,I think we’ll pick a route and just go for it, as long as none die it will be a blast.Beer, bikes and meat on the bbq, weather permitting, thanks for the posts.

snowjunkie
    Free Member

If you are doing the W2 route then that is Whytes Level and the Wall trail combined so on Sunday you could do whichever one is your favourite and then hit Cwm Carn on the way home.

I love Whytes Level but the final decent on the Wall is great and the new bike park at the top of the wall is great fun even for mere mortals like me so defo stop off have some food at the cafe and do some laps there.

Never done Skyline at Afan as that is the longest route there so may be worth talking to people at the centre to see if it is worth doing.

If you are camping at the new centre then beware of midges/flies/insect beasties etc. it may not be warm enough for them yet but they are lethal if they take a liking to you!!!

therag
    Free Member

A new climb & final decent opened this week on whites level, haven’t rode it yet but all good reports heard

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Afan trip this Friday.’ is closed to new replies.