Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Afan Snow?
  • joespencer33
    Free Member

Anyone know if there’s any/much snow in and around Afan at the moment. Thinking of go over on Wednesday but don’t want to drive 2 hours to walk around with cold feet!

Denis99
    Free Member

Can’t comment directly on the trail conditions, as I am off the bike at the moment due to an injury.

Ground here is frozen though, I only live 5 miles from the top of The Wall section.

There will be quite a bit of ice up there I would have thought.

Give Skyline Cycles a ring, I’m sure they could give a better summary of the trails.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Was there yesterday, no snow at all but it’s hard work on Penhydd / Blue Scar – there’s some clear bits, some bits with ice patches and some which are all ice.

I **** hate ice – wish I’d gone to BPW, I can live with snow, but ice is rubbish – stupid cold inconsistent grip level ice. I almost wished I stayed in bed.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Not sure where P-Jay went but at the top of W2 there was snow yesterday! (By the black section with the boardwalk bit)Not a huge amount it was still rideable, there was no snow anywhere else mind.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Did Penhydd, Friday, W2 and Penyhdd in mega loop Sat some very small amounts of snow on the trails, sunshine and no wind perfect conditions. It is forecast to snow on Wednesday but not much. Mates did Blade Sunday in glorious sunshine.

but it’s hard work on Penhydd / Blue Scar

assume thats a troll as those trails are ultra smooth and flowy

P-Jay
    Free Member

I meant in regards to the ice, rather than anything else.

Was it genuinely not clear from the words I used that I rode Penhydd and Blue Scar and I didn’t enjoy it much due to varying levels of ice on different parts of the trail – or were you two too busy getting your oneupmanship quotes in ha ha.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Afan Snow?’ is closed to new replies.