Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Afan – Singletrackmind MTB
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Does this club exist anymore or does anyone here know anyone who is a member. They were there at the begining at Afan as far as I can see and appear to have acted as a sort of user group with the FC.

With the FC currently doing there best to wreck Afan as a mtb venue there doesn’t appear to be a similar user group to hold the FC to account i.e. on their rubbish decisions on some trail closures etc – no one seem to query why trails that are ridable remain closed (just seems to be laziness on the part of the FC) or the eastern loop of Skyline being closed ‘with immediate effect’ – no notice, nothing.

I live close to Afan and am normally quite a laid back sort of a person but what the FC are currently up to is more than annoying. The FC may as well come clean and say Afan is closed for business for the time being. I’ve tried Cognation and the Afan MTB Ranger but only get vauge replies.

So, if Singletrackmind is still going i’d like to get in touch to see if they are doing anything (posted on their FB page – no responce. Otherwise is anyone else local interested in reforming a mtb club / user group based at Afan so that a weather eye can be kept on the FC. Not done anything like this before so not sure how to go on but hey, how hard can it be.

singletrackmind

No comment

dirtyboy

Defra are doing the felling around afan, and they don’t have to provide notice or information on closures….. According to a bike shop local to afan.

Nipper99
    Free Member

wont be defra in Wales.

Carpediem
    Free Member

Pop into Lodge cycles in Briton Ferry.Speak to the guys there.They are involved to some degree I believe.

Nipper99
    Free Member

A bump for anyone who might be interested.

Nipper99
    Free Member

Apparently the Afan MTB ranger belives that Skyline was being riden by fewer people hence its closure and that the planned new route will appeal to ‘thousands’ of people – sounds grim.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Afan – Singletrackmind MTB’ is closed to new replies.