Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Afan Forest Bunkhouse – any recommendations?
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Looking for a group bunkhouse – loads online but wondered if anyone has experience and a hidden gem recommendation!

Fri and Sat night for Afan riding, about 10 ish of us, looking about £500 total for the 2 nights?!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Afan lodge. Only stayed once but seemed nice

wwaswas

2nd afan lodge. Not really a bunkhouse as such but good rooms and lots of food.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Did see that but over budget – its a group event booking so have a max budget of £500 for the 2 nights

mudmonster
    Free Member

Bryn Teg

superfli
    Free Member

Long time since I’ve been there, but green lanterns, towards Neath had a well priced, comfortable bunk house with excellent restaurant next door. 10 min drive to Afan.
    http://www.greenlanterns.co.uk/prices

smurfly13
    Free Member

They are better priced thank you!

Have also found a few houses that sleep enough in budget – didn’t realise quite how much there is!!

justaname
    Free Member

You could try Bryn Bettws lodges?

Its on the Wall trail next to the skills park and 4x track

Home

pictonroad

There’s a house we regularly rent directly opposite Afan Lodge, Windways. It’s cheap, whole weekend will be about £50-60 each for 10 of you.

Showers are a bit ropey but the lounge is awesome.

Kryton57

Another for Bryn Teg/Rose cottage – 3 now I believe bike equipped cottages & B&B 5 mins walk from the local pub (Refreshment Rooms) for food & beer, about £280 Fri-Mon for the whole place.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Skyline house I think it is. Have a Google. I think they have two houses with plenty of beds, all the facilities plus secure lock up and bike wash. 3minute ride to the trail centre.

smurfly13
    Free Member

Booked Skyline house.

Thanks all

philwarren11
    Free Member
    pickle
    Free Member

stayed at Bryn Teg self catered cottages a few times now, great price and great base for all the trails.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Afan Forest Bunkhouse – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.