Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Afan everything open? (what tyres for trail centres…)
  • transapp
    Free Member

Heading over to Afan on Sunday, is anything closed? Probably do W2 out of choice, but want to check its all open.

And yes, I know I’ll need tyres… Round black ones.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

goodwood and darkside are shut
    (the last 2 descents on whytes level)

hugor
    Free Member

These are the best 2 sections in the place too so it’s quite a loss really. Skyline is completely open, has some amazing singletrack with some long fire road sections that IMO are completely worth it but do not suit everyone

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nipper99
    Free Member

Glad to see your a born again Skyline fan Hugor after panning it for being duff a while back 😉

kayak23

Went last weekend and the diversion on Whytes takes you up to the final descent on Skyline, which is fun also 😀
    watch out for bimbly 29’ers… 🙂

hugor
    Free Member

Lol. Yeh I admit it I used to diss it. You have a good memory.
    I wish there were more rides like it now.
    I usually do natural Beacons stuff but trails like Skyline are perfect for bad weather like now.
    The Syndfrin (spelling?) in Nant y Arian is the only other like it close by and is also one of my favorites.

EDIT

watch out for bimbly 29’ers…

I’d be more worried about the midges! No bimbly 29er riders there only enlightened ones! 😀

jonahtonto
    Free Member

they arnt the best sections after all the felling 🙁
    windy point, energy, then back up the fireroad to do the last two sections of skyline 🙂

and yeah the midges are pretty bad, was up there today. have to keep moving

hugor
    Free Member

and yeah the midges are pretty bad, was up there today. have to keep moving

I went to Brechfa last weekend to have a break from them but it’s just as bad there.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Tyres for Afan? Anything quick and with minimal knobs. You could even use an intermediate as there’s a lot of climbing on smooth rocks and the less rolling resistance the better.

Still feeling the pain from using a trailraker down there!

transapp
    Free Member

Sorry, I was taking the piss on tyres. I’ll have the nobby Nics on as normal, never seen a trail centre yet that needed mud tyres!
    Thanks for replies all

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Afan everything open? (what tyres for trail centres…)’ is closed to new replies.