Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Afan Conditions and Trail Closures
  • Paceman
    Free Member

I’m off to Afan this weekend. How are the trails currently holding up and are there any major closures apart from Penhydd (shame as it’s my favourite overall)?

Squirrel

No idea, but does anyone know how the Ryder Cup is affecting access via the M4 / Severn Bridge? (Sorry, not meant to be a hi-jack) 😮

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Some sections of skyline are definitely closed.
    The trails looked fine for the monster last weekend, even some of the secret trails weren’t in too bad condition considering.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Milkie
    Free Member

…but does anyone know how the Ryder Cup is affecting access via the M4 / Severn Bridge?

Someone here at work just came past there, some of the roads around the hotel have closures and things though.

I’m off to Afan next weekend, have a good one!

Squirrel

Thanks for that Milkie.

MaD
    Free Member

Penhydd is closed as already said. THere are diversions in place on the Wall in that the climb is all on fireroad apart from the last two sections of climbing single track, the descent is all rideable. All of Whites Level is open. Skyline has diversions in place but the main diversion takes in natural riding after the initial mile of fireroad. You could still do all three trails linked together to make it a worthwhile visit!

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

don’t listen to MaD- he’s an eejit!! But he tells the truth!

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’ve just comeback from doing ‘y wal’ and I have to say that it was superb, yep a bit of fireroad climbing but the descents are all good!!!

mendip
    Free Member

I was planning two visit to Afan in October before the winter set in, does the skyline trail have some closed section? as I dont want to travel all the way to find it’s closed on some parts.

Is white’s level trail is open at the moment?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

mendip – Just finished day two of an Afan adventure, white’s level is open and is pretty good, Did Skyline today… it was my first time… in its current state it is the most unrewarding trail I have ridden so far. However i have no idea how much of this is down to the closures, handy andy, heart burn and grand canyon, or down to the fact my bike is all wrong and I am a true weekend warrior and haven’t been on my bike for much more than 3 hours for several weeks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Afan Conditions and Trail Closures’ is closed to new replies.