Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Afan Conditions
  • matthewspb
    Free Member

Morning All
    I know Afan tends to drain well, but what with all this rain and all…
    I’m thinking of doing W2 tomorrow. Is it a mudfest and wetter than an otter’s pocket in places. And are there (still) big diversions etc in place?

Matt

ryanctj
    Free Member

The last 2 sections of White’s are closed, and you’re diverted to the Skyline descent instead (not a bad thing), and 2 of the middle sections of The Wall are closed, there is a forest road diversion which brings you out by Bryn Bettws lodge. The trails should be well drained.

davidjey
    Free Member

Was all remarkably fast and dry when I was last up there…but that was Sunday morning before the weather let rip.

Nothing ever gets that muddy – I’d expected somewhere but greasy and bike-eating grinding paste 😉

Closures are a bit of a PITA at the moment – not helped by some pretty (IMO) ill-thought out diversions. Email me (in profile) if you like and I can send you a sensible and easy to follow alternative.

Might have to get up there myself this weekend to ride the beloved Whites Level climb once more before they close it 🙁

andythom28
    Free Member

I rode the wall last it’s running very nice no diversions on there that I noticed apart from on the bottom old railway line

wallop

Whites Level climb once more before they close it

Huh? For good!? 🙁

Paceman
    Free Member

I think they’re closing the Whites Level climb for a couple of months, with a diversion to get to you to the top via the existing fireroads.

Afan is great riding in all weathers, been there in heavy rain, gales, and snow and it was still great fun.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Rain here hasn’t been any worse than usual over the last few days. Worst downpours were in N Wales and on the other side of the bristol channel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Afan Conditions’ is closed to new replies.