Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Afan Cabins
  • Trouty65
    Free Member

Hi all just wondered if anyone has stayed in these cabins at Afan and could give me a quick review.

http://b.griffiths_son.users.btopenworld.com/

Thanks

Paul

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Certainly have. Stayed there a number of times.

Plus;
    Location – Straight on to the Wall or W2
    Size – Plenty big enough inside, really nice layout too
    Evenings on the terrace out front – Great open space
    Other users – Everyone else will be a rider as well

Minus;
    Location – It's hard to find up a dirt track!
    Location – Not within real walking distance of a pub!
    Kit – Often find that the pan/knife set up is rather poor. Take your own knife at least

Overall, though, really good place to stay! Recommended.

bawbag
    Free Member

I agree, stayed there for a weekend and they were fine, basic as you would expect but perfect for trail access. Take plenty food and beer and there is a bbq so possibly charcoal.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Yup -stayed there quite a few times – usually a big group of us take it over at Easter.

They do the job. Nothing fancy. The heaters are a bit hit and miss (important in the winter!) and a pensioner with prostate trouble could piss harder than the showers. Kitchen stuff is a bit basic – as above take your own sharp knives.

It's about 3 mins off the top of the Wall descent, which can make for a fairly sharp wake up call when you start in the morning (worth doing the Graveyard first as a wake up). They're also building a very cool looking 4x track and some monster DJ's in the field behind the cabins.

Trouty65
    Free Member

Thanks for your replies, cabins now booked !

just got to find something for my wife and daughter to do now so we can get more trail time in 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

Go to the Colliers for dinner:

http://www.thecolliers.biz/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Afan Cabins’ is closed to new replies.