Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)
  • Aesthetically pleasing bikes
  • juan
    Free Member

that

There is something amazing in the simplicity of such minimalism

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And the new Treks are some of the best looking bikes I’ve seen for a long time. Love the little details like the matching pinstripes on the forks.

Seconded. They really have lost their ‘solid, steady, boring’ image recently and come up with some lovely looking bikes.

el_diablo
    Free Member

I particularly like this

firestarter
    Free Member

my old fixie

old singular

and i really like my new 456

DezB
    Free Member

Gosh rudeboy is a closet roadie. Those bikes make me cringe. Yeugh.
    Funnily enough the ones I like are mountain bikes.

Talking of Treks –

then theres the classic.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m still waiting to get one of these, 1979 Huffy Good Vibrations

rogerthecat
    Free Member

As a design exercise I like this:

And just for sheer silliness I like this:

D0NK

Lots of mingers on here (plenty I’d love to own mind you) that old hei hei is a lovely clean frame let down by pretty much everything bolted onto it.

The peg things quite nice and I like postierich’s frame colour.

The cinellis are swoopy frames with orrible angular/spinldly stuff bolted on and the trek DH has some much vaseline smeared on the camera lense I’m surprised you can see it at all (but maybe thats the idea?)

alpin
    Free Member

simplicity

kiwijohn

I find the lines of my Dynoglide pleasing to the eye.

ski
    Free Member

OK, I know its not everyone cup of tea, but I still think it deserves a mention here:

One of the mechanics had one at our LBS and I remember been blown away by the external butting.

Finally got to have a spin on one at the Malvern Classics and remember to this day how harsh it felt, pop went my dreams 😉

bent_udder
    Free Member

Apologies for poor pic quality. Dekerf. In this case, a Generation. Disk mount supplied by Chris DK and added later.

A vote for the San Andreas as well. A real marmite bike that you’ll either love or hate. I’ve owned two – the last one was a plain brushed finish and looked beautiful.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The 1955 cruiser wins so far. Elegance

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

I rather like these as i think they are quite elelgant and at the risk of getting flamed also rivendells.

shellac
    Free Member

Second the Sovereign, looks like a bunch of scaffolding and then you see it in the flesh and it looks spot on…

I’ll be amazed if that link works…

sheldona
    Free Member

Some stunning bikes on here and some totally plain looking run of the mill crap too! A lot of people hate my new one so they’ll really not like these 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

mmm, a few of you like classic looks, I got this for sale if anyones interested. £100

theflatboy
    Free Member

allow me, on and on…

jwt
    Free Member

Another vote for the ‘San Andreas’, first saw Pauls Smith’s in Bike pron in MBUK around 95, took 3 years of saving……….very much regret selling the last one i had!

simonk
    Free Member

Personaly i love the look of a nice ti or steel singlespeed, in work so i cant post pics 🙁 i love the simplicity and the clean lines.

tinsy
    Free Member

here you go simon..

kiwijohn

The Retrotec is lovely, but I think GT got the look better.

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

firestarter
    Free Member

the retrotec is lovely in the flesh even better gt is nice too. Fancied a retrotec but standover looks mad 🙂

singlespeedstu

And

catfood
    Free Member

Ive got one of these, lovely.

jimmy

Soveriegn’s are taking my fancy. And PostieRich’s simple machine. Hmmmm nice.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Coyote
    Free Member

I’ve always loved these bikes.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I appreciate that cargos are not to everyone’s taste, but this is currently probably the nicest one out there.

GaryLake
    Free Member

There’s a lot of bikes people think are cool or look rad but not a lot of actually aesthetically pleasing ones :-/ That includes the Orange Five and I bloody have one!

Anyway…

Kona Hei Hei

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

early full susser

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

2010 Ibis Mojo slx (prototype)

rOcKeTdOg

lol at ‘genuine mincer’ 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 81 through 115 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Aesthetically pleasing bikes’ is closed to new replies.