Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Aeropressers
  • grahamt1980

Nah, I have to be honest I have never tried it with the filter paper in place before filling. I just find it easier to use the inverted method.
    Either way I am sure makes damn fine coffee, I prefer inverted (maybe put it down to the climber side of me)

grahamt1980

40 minutes seems like a hell of a long time, I think with a stir mine takes about 3-4 mins in total.

DrJ

40 minutes is enough time to nip out to a bakery and back so you have pastries with your coffee.

Stoner
    Free Member

inverted and metal disc (not metal mesh)

I have a stack of papers, but just use the metal disc at the moment. I havent tried a taste test between the two – the theory behind the metal disc I gather was that it doesnt absorb coffee oils, but it’s probably voodoo.

jon1973
    Free Member

40 minutes is enough time to nip out to a bakery and back so you have pastries with your coffee

Or nip out and buy a cup of coffee. 🙂

theotherjonv

give it a stir to Bloom

Stirring is so old hat, have you not read the Aeropress world championships recipes.

You need to give it a turbulent wiggle 😯

I used to know a girl with a turbulent wiggle; used to lead to fairly rapid blooming.

Notter
    Free Member

In 40 minutes I’d have drunk the first mug from the Aeropress and be on to making my second!
    Looks like a nice shiny piece of kit though 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Aeropressers’ is closed to new replies.