Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Aeropress – what do we think?
  • birdage

It’s also the only way we serve coffee at a monthly pop-up bike cafe I do in Lewes. Reckon there’s a fair few folk who have gone out and bought aeropresses after trying the coffee.

dmorts

Get water to ~85*C and pour some through the filter

You’re supposed to dampen the filter before you start.[/quote]

I do….. I’m confused as to why you think otherwise from what I outlined.. pour water through, throw it away, add the coffee in

Do you mean dampen the filter before screwing the cap in? Can’t see that makes any difference though

crikey
    Free Member

The quintessential STW thread, middle aged, middle class coffee snobs virtue signalling like an Injun with a blanket on fire!

Keep it up chaps!

maxray
    Free Member

Glad to see I am on point with my love of my aeropress although probably lose marks for having a pact coffee subscription 🙂

Fwiw I do non inverted method, works a treat and is the first thin I do when I wake each morning

Tiger6791

Invented by the same guy that invented other things

bentudder

crikey – Member
    The quintessential STW thread, middle aged, middle class coffee snobs virtue signalling like an Injun with a blanket on fire!
    Keep it up chaps!

😀

We’re doing our best, Crikey. Maybe something about the cups or the kettle or beans that have been poohed by exotic animals next – what do you think?

kayak23

I don’t get this need to add complexity to making a coffee. It seems the more complex it is, the more merit the coffee yields.

Aeropress is simple, quick, cheap and makes nice coffee. If you’re ok with that, get one. 😀

jamiep
    Free Member

Aeropress is essential at work. A neat, dry puc of coffee grounds to pop in the bin rather than have to deal with the slurry at the bottom of a cafetiere

MrSmith
    Free Member

We’re doing our best, Crikey. Maybe something about the cups or the kettle or beans that have been poohed

Obviously not a coffee person.
    A different kettle with selectable temp is used as boiling water is never used for coffee brewing, plus a swan neck with small spout is used to wet the grounds properly when brewing filter.
    Civet coffee is something non-coffee people buy coffee fans for Christmas as they think it’s interesting. It isn’t.
    As for cups? That’s user preference, I like this one

Cougar

I do….. I’m confused as to why you think otherwise from what I outlined..

I think we’re at angry dolphins, I was kind of agreeing with you. I only mentioned it cos I didn’t find out you were supposed to until I’d had it a few months.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s alright. I have one bit very rarely have an occasion to use it. Too bulky to camp, not as good as filter maker at work, so it lives in the van…

dmorts

I think we’re at angry dolphins

Took me a while to get that

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Aeropress – what do we think?’ is closed to new replies.