Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Aerobeds
  • flyingmonkeycorps

Does anyone have any experience of these? We’re sorting out our new house, which is quite small, and the Mrs wants a sofa bed in the spare room – I reckon for the regularity we have people stay (think blue moon) an airbed would be fine, and give us much more space.

These look like they might be a good compromise, reviews seem pretty good.

http://www.aerobed.co.uk/

rogermoore

There was a thread recently on this. We have one (Platinum?) and it is really good & I’d recommend it.
    RM.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Have a double here, they are good.

warton
    Free Member

Aerobeds?

what time advantage do they give in a 10 mile TT over a normal bed?

flyingmonkeycorps

Cool cool, cheers guys. Just want more space for records, books and my comfy reading chair really.

Not sure I want to be shaving seconds off my time in bed mind 😉

warton
    Free Member

😆

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, for exactly the same reasons as you. We’ve got a Premier one, it’s been excellent. Fairly ‘cosy’ with two of you, you sometime tend to roll towards each other, particularly if there’s a weight disparity, but generally excellent.

brakes
    Free Member

find a place to store it.
    we had a king size one and it didn’t pack down that well. about the same size and weight as a big microwave. the only place we had to store it was on a shelf 8ft in the air….
    they puncture quite easily too – especially if you have ‘antique’ wooden floors.
    my Dad woke up once encapsulated in it after it deflated slowly overnight.
    oh, and the built in pump is bloody noisy.
    other than that they’re brilliant. and a comfortable nights sleep.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

We got one recently in their sale (it was still £130!!) and slept on it for about 10 days and it was great. Did need topping up every few days but dead easy with the built in pump.

lcj

We just bought outdoor version for camping duties. Seems well made, inflates quickly and the large valve makes it easy to deflate completely.

Thumbs up here

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Vango DLX 7.5cm double is my answer. No rolling, epic comfort, great for motorised camping excursions.

ericemel
    Free Member

I stayed on one for a month in Chicago – no issues at all – really quite good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Aerobeds’ is closed to new replies.