Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • AEG – any good?
  • Kryton57

I get they are now owned by Electrolux, but are they any good?

To get our new kitchen in budget we’ve had to resort to AEG from the desired Siemens/Bosch, I’m not sure its a step too far…?

MrOvershoot

Our AEG washing machine, dishwasher & fridge have been working faultlessly since they were installed in our then new kitchen in 2003.

YEMV

Kryton57

What does YEMV mean?

But useful to know. Going up is into money we don’t have so ultimately beggars can’t be choosers…

johndoh
    Free Member

If they are built in, get Beko or the like.

If your cooker (like mine) isn’t – spend a bloody fortune on a Britannia 1 metre range cooker 8)

footflaps

Our AEG Okolavamat has been faultless in nearly 15 years of use….

lodious
    Free Member

They used to be good…in the last 5 years they have become pretty nasty IMHO. We have a dishwasher and hob from AEG and I would not buy AEG again.

Kryton57

Why?

lodious
    Free Member

Hob it totally unsafe as the pans slide off the supports. The burners won’t stay lit unless you light them twice as the flame detectors are rubbish.

The dishwasher doesn’t wash dishes. We had two AEG dishwashers prior to this on which were great, but this one is totally different, and it sucks.

Kryton57

Ah well mines induction so I won’t have those issues – it’s actually rated highly on Which.

kcal

Used to have an AEG washer / dryer (on recommendation of a colleague, this was back in 1995).
    It caused no end of problems, under JL warranty luckily but in the end was replaced – blown PCBs all over the place.. Even then I don’t think they were as good as their rep.

They were withdrawn / bought out recently, which may or may not have helped – hopefully it has as we’re about to take over my mum’s near new AEG and ditch our 10yo Bosch which has had new brushes but not much else (but it def. showing signs of being on way out).

MrOvershoot

Kryton57 – Member

What does YEMV mean?

Sorry Kryton I thought you had STW Uber status 😉

Your Experience May Vary

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘AEG – any good?’ is closed to new replies.