Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A+E question..
  • rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Was racing DH at Dunkeld last weekend, and took a rather large tumble just before the finish line.

Had issues walking afterwards, skooted the bike back to the campsite and hobbled about. Pain killers etc. It was very sore!

Swelling went down within a few days.

Now, a week on and its still a bit swollen. Its also sort of itchy.. but not sore anymore.

Anything to be concerned about? Can I still visit A+E (more than prepared to wait) or have I left it too long?

ElectricRussell
    Free Member

I'll bet any money that you have a small fracture. I done something similar a year or so ago playing football, felt a little discomfort the day after and so on until it swelled up, went to A + E and had it X-rayed and it was bust. Itching; i remember that too!

Dirtynap
    Free Member

Nice and vargue there buddy.

To be honest it sounds more like an STD than anything else as you didn't say what body part you are on about.

if your worried then just go to A&E, chances are if its shoulder, ankle, knee etc then you have done the ligaments/tendons or a tiny little fracture. So 6-8 weeks of rest.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tiger6791

Go to A&E they will tell you

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Oops! Its my ankle!

higgo
    Free Member

Oops! Its my ankle!

Probably not an STD then.
    (although a mate of mine got a form of gonorrhea in Japan that ate his knees)

meehaja
    Free Member

google ottawa ankle assesment. That should give you a fairly good idea wether you need A&E or not.

Woody
    Free Member

Let me get this right – you are seriously thinking about going to A&E on a weekend night, a week after a crash with an ankle that is not sore any more, just a little swollen and itchy ?

Your GP will be open tomorrow.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As woody says – go to your GP

Drac

Why not go the full hog and call an ambulance just to waste even more resources. 😛

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A+E question..’ is closed to new replies.