Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advise on suspicious forum 'sale': no goods arrived
  • los
    Free Member

Hi, I hope someone can help me. Just over a week ago I completed the ‘purchase’ of a set of Reba forks from one abdysanders on here (his first of just two posts on stw). Seemed a very good deal. I had about 7 or 8 emails from him before the purchase, confirming condition and including pics etc. But as soon as I paid him I haven’t heard a thing back. Any ideas how to proceed?
    I don’t want to think the worst about people but the longer this goes on the more I begin to think like I’ve been had.
    Your help appreciated!
    Los

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Well, he has no track record here, might be honest delay, but it sounds like you’re los

How did you pay?

Have you tried searching for his email address?

wwaswas

google search for his stw user name – it’s fairly unique and there’s an active user on a Pentax forum with the same name who’s currently active.

los
    Free Member

Paypal gift. Wondering if I can trace him through paypal – he must have an account with them. Hadn’t tried searching email address and username elsewhere, will get onto that now. Thanks

Jamie
    Free Member

If he is dodge, it looks like whoever bought his PS3 might be shafted as well then. Saying that he did offer people the chance to collect, so either a bluff or he is legit.

Never pay with Paypal gift if you do not trust them. You will have no comeback.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Although it’s no help to you now, for the benefit of the readers can I just point out that PayPal Gift should only ever be used for sending, well, gifts.

neninja
    Free Member

If they’re all the same abdysanders, he certainly seems to be busy at the moment – PS3 and Reba fork on here, camera bodies and lenses on Pentax forum, a Mac book on Tech-pc and a pc/laptop repair service on Wholesale forum – all in the space of a week.

Give it a bit longer but sadly you may well be shafted.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advise on suspicious forum 'sale': no goods arrived’ is closed to new replies.