Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Advise on handlebars
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

Looking for some new bars, for a build, what would you recommend, what are the advantages of flat,low,medium, and high rise, looking at Easton Monkeylite, but not sure which to go for, just do general off road bking and the odd trail centre

Onzadog
    Free Member

Personal preference a lot of it. I really like the feel of the MX bars. I was told they came about because someone mixed up the rise and the sweep but then they found people liked it. I much prefer these over the XC monkeylites.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Depends on what hight you want your bars at. Loads of factors like length of headtube on frame/rise of stem/no of spacers you want to run/ to consider.

Risers tend to look nicer (imho) with a low rise, this is what I’d go for, and just make sure you leave the fork steerer long enough so you can add/remove headset spacers to get the desired bar position. Carbon bars also “feel” much nicer than alloy (imho).

Easton Monkeylites are great, although FSA Gravity/Syncros Bulk/Sunline V1’s are all nice as well, you can’t really go wrong with any of these.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Advise on handlebars’ is closed to new replies.