Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Advise me on a cheap road bike…
  • matt_outandabout

Having been inspired by this thread, and now needing to commute 2/3 days per week to the office (5/6miles, some opportunity for bridleway/footpath by river) by bike in the next couple of weeks, I think I want/need/desire a cheap road bike.*
    Suggest me some good ones, or sources of. Me – 6′ and owned a Peugeot road bike 23 years ago and not since…the £200 i paid for said Peugeot is the budget I had in mind.
    *if mahoney was no object, a Gryphon Alfine would be used.

Lifer
    Free Member

I got a carrera virtuoso for £150 second hand, been riding it for a couple of years now 🙂

1981miked
    Free Member

Check out the Btwin triban range at Decathlon. Should be about right for what your after.

matt_outandabout

Second hand I think will get me something with characher nichewhore.

clubber
    Free Member

Second hand. I put up a wanted ad in the classifieds a while back for pretty much your requirements and got a bike that was a few years old but in great condition that now lives at my inlaws for when I’m there.

jam-bo

whatever is cheap on gumtree.

fasthaggis

Matt
    As some of the students scurry off for good,you may pick up some decent abandoned bike from your local/nearest Uni.(Stirling?)

I is amazed by some of the things that they leave chained to fences to die of rust.

ir_bandito
    Free Member
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Advise me on a cheap road bike…’ is closed to new replies.