Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Advisable or not night ride at cwmcarn on my own?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

night ride at Cwmcarn ? on my own and never ridden there before?
    Wednesday night?

waihiboy
    Free Member

depends how mad/fast you are…. chances are if you do yourself in there will be somebody else doing a nightride to call for help for you 😉

personally and talking form a common sense point of view I would do it in daylight first.

uplink
    Free Member

Is there no sense of adventure left in this country?
    Have the H&S brigade turned us all into – risk adverse – softies?

get out there & enjoy it

waihiboy
    Free Member

I’m a poof 🙁

you could easily do it in the night but it would be more fun if you did it in the light and sussed out the cool bits.

MrNutt
    Free Member

you’d have more fun in the daylight first, that climb would feel like an eternity and you’ll probably get lost 😆

K

Cwmcarn is fun at night, I would have no issues doing it on my own.
    Just take it steady on bits you can’t see?

uplink
    Free Member

Don’t forget to keep looking behind you on that climb too
    I’m sure something will be following you 😯

clubber
    Free Member

I actually enjoy Cwmcarn more at night – the climbs don’t seem so long for some reason and the DHs are brilliant 🙂

It’ll be fun at the moment in the snow. As to whether you should go on your own, well that’s really up to you. There’s a tiny risk that you’ll crash and then freeze and die but then chances are that won’t happen. Decide for yourself if the risk’s worth it (FWIW, I probably wouldn’t but I have done similar in the past – must be getting old 🙂 )

shoefiti
    Free Member

I reckon you’ll do the downhill loads quicker in the dark – once you see the indicators flashing and hear the distant pitch of your car alarm coming from car park as some pikey git is searching for car for stuff that is!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Someone will find your mutilated corpse the following morning and then summon help to put you in a large tupperware box.

It’ll, probably, be fine, maybe……

pjt201
    Free Member

watch out for the digger tracks across the bit of trail next to the (closed) freeride area. they caught me out in the light at the weekend!

waihiboy
    Free Member

I reckon you’ll do the downhill loads quicker in the dark – once you see the indicators flashing and hear the distant pitch of your car alarm coming from car park as some pikey git is searching for car for stuff that is!

😆

GaryLake
    Free Member

Don’t assume you’ll see another rider. I’ve done many night rides at CC and often me and my buddies don’t see another rider…

Park at the visitor centre NOT the main MTB car park as you’ll be locked in…

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Go for it. wed night is normally busy up there- so should be plenty of bodys up to help yiu if needed, but i would’nt leave your set off too late

Burchy1
    Free Member

you’ll be fine just let someone know your at Cwmcarn just in case, and watch out for the killer sheep.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Cwmcarn at night is wicked, even better in snow. I think it’s easily possible to miss a way marker in the dark if you’re not familiar with the route. now you’ve posted here as a wednesday nighter, why not see if you can hook up with someone? Safer and more fun with a few companions.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Shame because my wife saw my post and basically made me promise I wouldn’t take my bike!

Sometimes I need her to apply common sense I often lack!

I’ll be back!

MrNutt
    Free Member

there must be someone else daft enough willing to show you around that neck of the woods in the dark & siberian conditions? perhaps you could ask the “familydirt” if they would like to join you?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Would be nice but already in Devon (and drunk) with no bike in my boot! and you hav eo ide ahow long it tok me to ype thid (maybe you have_)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Advisable or not night ride at cwmcarn on my own?’ is closed to new replies.