Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice WTD – Shortening Avid Juicy Disc Brake Hoses
  • slugwash
    Free Member

Hi, I’m about to bleed my Juicy 3’s but am considering shortening the rear hose as I’ve put a shorter stem on and I’ve got excess hose spoiling the front-end aesthetics 🙂

Can I cut the hose with a normal cable cutter or do I need something a bit more special?

Cheers.

BTW those Avid workshop tutorials on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUumuMIo6Ok are well helpful for brake bleeding and hose shortening but suggest that you need a dedicated hose cutter to do the job.

Onzadog
    Free Member

cable cutter will do a lovely job. Just make sure you’ve got spare olives before you cut anything!

Shinythings
    Free Member

Make sure your cutters are sharp or it could go horribly shredded and messy.

Alternatively you could borrow my pukka hose cutter that will go through Goodridge like cheese 😀

slugwash
    Free Member

Cheers guys I’ll sharpen up me cutters and get on with it.

I’ve got two olives so might shorten both hoses.

Shinythings, if it all goes terribly wrong then I’ll be taking the family out on a ‘spontaneous’ bank holiday weekend excursion to The House of Marbles via your abode 😉

Shinythings
    Free Member

Do some nice cake there they do

coatesy
    Free Member

Stanley knife with a new blade, cut on a block of wood for support.

duir
    Free Member

I find the new stanley knife blade on a wooden surface tends to give a better cleaner cut and a good 90 degree.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice WTD – Shortening Avid Juicy Disc Brake Hoses’ is closed to new replies.