Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Advice "sought"-Barred from a club!
  • emma82
    Free Member

The intention was to have a word in his shell like, not hurt him.

I’d ban you just for using the phrase ‘in his shell like’. Sounds to me like there is more to this than you’ve told so far. Do you/your mum have ‘previous’ in there for being a pain? I wouldn’t advise giving any one a kicking under any circumstances, you’ll only end up meeting someone much nastier further down the line.

And if it is really, truly a phoenix club WTMFF are you doing in there anyway???!!!

brakes
    Free Member

have you been in the bar on the Dover-Calais ferry?
    it’s like a floating version of this story, with more lobster tans and holiday sportswear.
    we shouldn’t be too snobby about it though.

emma82
    Free Member

I have been in that bar a few times Brakes *shudders*

yunki
    Free Member

WTMFF… that has a nice ring to it..
    I’m going to have to find a way to use that next time I text me mum.. 🙂

kayak23

The first rule of Working mens club is, you do NOT talk about working mens club…

The second rule of working mens club is, you DO NOT talk about working mens club!

Sounds like a barrel full of chavs to me. Far too much cheap gold and man-made-fibres. Or have you inadvertently walked onto the Shameless set?

donsimon
    Free Member

There was an incident where some 21yr old lad squared up to my 55yr old mother, then referred to her as “a stupid old bitch”.
    I wasn’t there that night, but last weekend I did go in.
    I think it was pretty clear why I was there, as one the first person to see me said “********* not in tonight mate!”.
    I told them I didn’t know what he meant!

That was a good strategy trying to throw them off the scent, apparently they were more cleverer. Sounds like a simple case of politics to me, matey boy and his family have more clout than you, mtfu and move on.

Nothing quite says “I’m a wan**r” than…

globalti – Member

What an incredible post.

You don’t realise that drinking alcohol reduces people’s inhibitions and makes nasty aggressive people nastier and more aggressive? You actually have membership of a place where this kind of thing happens every week? How much money do you spend in this place? How much beer or euro-piss do you swallow every day? AND you go drinking with your Mummy?

You must live in North Wales.

Shouldn’t you be out riding your bike?
    School holidays don’t half come quick…

allthepies
    Free Member

He got a Welsh bite though 😉

TheFlyingOx

globalti – Member

What an incredible post.

You don’t realise that drinking alcohol reduces people’s inhibitions and makes nasty aggressive people nastier and more aggressive? You actually have membership of a place where this kind of thing happens every week? How much money do you spend in this place? How much beer or euro-piss do you swallow every day? AND you go drinking with your Mummy?

They say that taking just a few sparse facts and being able to make the required leaps of logic to arrive at the correct conclusion is a mark of the genius.

BigJohn

The next time somebody asks me what disingenuous means I’ll refer them to this thread.

No prizes to the next poster who asks “what does…?”

donsimon
    Free Member

He got a Welsh bite though

Pointing and laughing at him/her is hardly the same as being suckered in my book.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What an incredible post.

What an incredible twunt.

Elmo
    Free Member

Seems to have gone awry there somewhere!

Sorry there is no more to the story!
    My mother is no trouble maker, I may have my moments but never in there.
    Its a relatively quite place usually. Mainly Bowls teams, he plays on one of them. Don’t think he has any other family in there-hence his friends Mother butting in.
    Its the only place my parents drink at, so I pop in now and again to see them.
    Can’t actually do anything as all I know is his first name, don’t actually know what he looks like!

FAIL: Not North Wales.

Woody
    Free Member

Elmo

We’re still very much in the dark here as to what caused the initial problem. For the guys friends Mother to ‘run over try to slap you’, together with the reaction of the others in the club when you walked in, there MUST be a lot more history to this (and you) than you are letting on.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

My mum got banned from IKEA.

What’s wrong with North Wales? I think it’s fantastic. Beautiful place.

aracer
    Free Member

What’s wrong with North Wales? I think it’s fantastic. Beautiful place.

But you wouldn’t like to live there?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

It’s better than London.

donsimon
    Free Member

Relocating there as soon as possible to get away from narrow mindedness… 😛

traildog
    Free Member

I used to live there. There aren’t enough people there to create a club like that, so the comment is a bit wide of the mark, but it was meant as a joke which didn’t quite work as well as it could due to the media. It’s certainly better than London and the club probably is in London anyway, isn’t that where these sort of things happen? I’ve seen Eastenders…

Cougar

FAIL: Not North Wales.

Ah! Bridgend.

(-:

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Grew up there, much nicer than England.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Isn’t the club affiliated to some bigger organisation, RAOB or something like that?

speaker2animals

For those who haven’t read or at least understood what the OP has put down, he has not yet been “Barred” he has been “excluded” until the Commitee meet and discuss.

As someone else who was trying to be helpful said, write to the Head of the Committee and put things down as you see them, ask to be present when the matter is discussed/decided on.

TBH – the only people who really know what happened are those that were there at the times. I have to agree with others that there is more going on than you are letting on or that you are aware of. I sight the comment “I may have my moments but never in there”. So do these “moments” happen when you are in a room all alone? Or do you have a “rep” that people in the club are aware of and have expressed concern about? I assume that the other people in the club live in a similar area to you/your parents so to a degree rightly or wrongly they will probably have some opinion of you. It could be totally “wrong” but if enough people express a negative view of your self I suspect you’re shafted fella.

AS for getting fees back, again as said read the regulations and you’ll probably find that the Committee can decide to ban any member with no obligation to return fees paid.

My gut feeling is that you should really be honest with yourself about this whole affair.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Advice "sought"-Barred from a club!’ is closed to new replies.