Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Advice required How do you shorten braiided hoses
  • Boardstupid
    Free Member

Just bought some new brakes but the hoses are way to long, any advice on shortening?

z1ppy

Depending on the make, but sommething like this:
    You may need to buy new ‘connectors’ (olives & inserts) or maybe able to reuse the ones that came with it. Push the pistons 95% of the way back into the caliper, disconnect the hose from the lever, chop off excess (measure twice first) using a sharp stanley knife seems best to me (not cable cutters IME), put olive/insert (new or used) back onto hose, connect up & tighten.. push the pistons that last 5% back into the caliper – this will push any air in the hose when you connected it up, into the reservoir

njee20
    Free Member

How do you measure 95% of the distance into the caliper!?

Boardstupid
    Free Member

Cheers zippy I will order the olives (hope brakes) and will give it a whirl

rocketman
    Free Member

The procedure is well documented but YMMV.

I did it on a 575 brake and it was an epic fail. Cut the hose, no leaks, new olive, put it all back together and…nothing. Required multiple bleeds to get it working again.

z1ppy

njee20 , your happy to post a comment complaining about mine, but this thread has stood unanswered at the bottom of the page.. how about using all that energy you have in writng something useful on other un-answered posts? :mrgreen:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advice required How do you shorten braiided hoses’ is closed to new replies.