Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Advice Request – Replacement Chain pins or Links
  • martib

Hi, I have taken delivery of a Charge Cooker which comes with a YBN S10CR chain (10 speed chain). I have been looking for replacement pin’s (searches on the internet are proving fruitless) to throw in my toolkit for out and about, should the worst happen and I need to do some chain repairs.
    However I am having problems finding replacement pins or links, can anyone from the community offer any advice on what works with this chain.
    Thanks in advance 🙂

vincienup
    Free Member

Pretty sure Merlin do YBN missing link adaptors? I thought YBN’s linked up like SRAM and KMC not like Shimano with their crazy sacrificial pin?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Shouldn’t just a SRAM link do the trick? Doesn’t need to be YBN specific.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    martib

Thanks for the info, I wasn’t too sure whether the SRAM/KMC links would work. Only used Shimano in the past 🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

The SRAM 10 speed ones are called Power Locks (not Links) and they’re not supposed to be reused. Lots of people do reuse them, but you probably need chain pliers to do so.

Buy a 6 pk of KMC ones online for about $15 or so. They’re reusable, and they’re cheap online so you’ll have spares.

martib

Thanks JoeG will order some tonight 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advice Request – Replacement Chain pins or Links’ is closed to new replies.