Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Advice please, sky,bt home packages
  • Denis99
    Free Member

Currently with Virgin, but want to change and reduce our monthly outgoings on the package offered.

What we really want is this, but can’t find anyone who can meet this.

Don’t need a landline telephone, we all have mobile phone deals.

Need relatively fast internet

Would want Sky sport, or BT , just for the football really.

Don’t need loads of channels that we don’t watch.

Any advice?

Gary_M
    Free Member

I think the issue is wanting Sky Sports, to get that you generally need an expensive bundle.

martinhutch

You can get BT Sport as a separate add-on to the basic Sky package without adding Sky Sports.

I think there are some deals for Sky TV ending today, although they come along pretty regularly.

Cougar

You’re pretty much guaranteed a landline telephone (well, a landline, the telephone itself is optional I suppose) if you move away from Virgin.

chestrockwell

You don’t need an expensive bundle for Sky Sports, just the basic one. You can add the sports whenever and then cancel with 1 months notice.

You do need line rental but you can choose a phone package with no call allowance. On top of that if you don’t go fibre they’ll probably give you broadband for free. I have not paid for mine for two years.

Best thing to do is ring them up, explain what you want and also blatantly tell them you are considering BT instead and see what they come up with. Play hard ball and you should get a very good deal.

riddoch

With virgin when I left, as I wanted sky q, I was committed to leaving., the deal the offered when I cancelled was good but I went through with the canecelation anyway and the deal they came back with a few days later was even better. It was something like 20% discout to begin with, then about 30%.
    On the other hand my mate did the same thing with sky and they just let him go. He’s quite happy with a combination of satellite decoder for the free to air channels and nowTV box for any premium stuff.
    If you have been on virgin it’s quite a shock internet speed wise to drop from 150/200Mbs to 30Mbs when you do a speed test but in actual real life usage it’s not noticeable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advice please, sky,bt home packages’ is closed to new replies.