Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Advice Please. Running Watch
  • alexpalacefan

Hello there,

I’m looking for a watch for my wife, for running. She wants it to do GPS logging of her route, time, elevations et c. and to work with a HRM, either included or as an easy to set-up accessory.

She currently uses run Keeper on Android, and like the Calories Burned feature, so something like that would be nice too.

So, suggestions and advice please,

APF

peajay

If she already has a smart phone try strava,

aracer
    Free Member

Budget? I have a Forerunner 910XT which is about the best you can get (though Suunto have one out which probably runs it close), but it’s not cheap.

carlphillips
    Free Member

+1 strava

piemonster

Does she really need one of those things, I’d just stick with the smart phone and a cheapo Casio on the wrist.

If she does go down the fancy watch route, make sure you go for an all in one unit. I used to have a Timex unit with separate GPS unit, and tbh it was just a pain in the posterior.

If she can get her to borrow a HRM and see whether she’d actually use it.

3bikeman
    Free Member

Garmin 110 – Very,Very easy to use gives you all you need,time,distance,heart rate, ascent, calories – decent size can be used as a watch cost about £120.
    Had mine since january, love it

RickyRah
    Free Member

+1 for the Garmin 110.

Not too big and they do it in grey and pink for ladies.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had a Garmin forerunner 405 for the past few years, love it. The new ones should be even better too as I think they’ve done away with the bezel control thing. The 405 might be worth it if she is serious about her running. Being able to program paced intervals is brilliant. I don’t really use the virtual partner thing but that may be good for her too.

eruptron
    Free Member

Have the Garmin 610. This was a replacement for the 210’s I had that had screen fogging issues. Got mine from http://www.heartratemonitors.co.uk who’s customer service was first class. The virtual partner is good and the touch screen works ok. It’s smaller than most of the other watches which fits better on the wrist and you can wear it as a proper watch as well.

alexpalacefan

OK, looks like Garmin in the lead. Will have a look at those suggestions.

Cheers all,

APF

PS Fourth! 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

PSA…. looks like chain reaction have a sale on garmin stuff, 25% off the 610, may be worth a look.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Advice Please. Running Watch’ is closed to new replies.