Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Advice please on fitting a Mono Mini
  • ononeorange

I’m trying to fit an old Mono Mini (the old block of aluminium type, I guess around 2005 vintage) to a Cotic Soul. I’ve just tried bolting it straight on.

First of all, the lower mounting bolt fouls the disc rotor; taking that off for a moment, the caliper seems to be too far towards the frame and definitely too “low” for the rotor (a 160mm). This all suggests that I should be using a mounting bracket, but can anyone tell me which one please? Both the caliper and the frame have holes for the bolts looking straight on from the side (whatever that is in IS/Post language!).

Thanks!

simondbarnes

You need to match the disc size to the rotor. What number is stamped on the caliper? This will tell you which size disc it is designed to run with (none of them were designed for 160mm rotors – should be either 145, 165 or 185 AFAIK.

As for the bolt, just chuck a washer or two behind the head to space it away from the rotor.

EDIT :

185mm rear = 8
    165mm rear = 3
    145mm rear = 5

Edit again! I thought you meant the old mini, not the old mono mini so you can ignore some of my post! Mono minis will be 140, 160 or 180mm on the rear, I can’t remember if they used the same number system as the old old minis.

ononeorange

Just checked – it’s got a 5 on the caliper. Presumably I need a 145mm rotor then (didn’t even know they existed!)?

snaps
    Free Member

Or use a +20mm adapter (Hope part number HBIS20) with your existing rotor

ononeorange

D’oh! Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Advice please on fitting a Mono Mini’ is closed to new replies.