Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice Please..? Not happy with buyer description…
  • ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Hi all,

I recently bought a set of used Pace RC40 XCAMs from a guy on here (I won't mention his name yet, as it's unfair in case the issue gets sorted out).

The forks were described as used, and the seller said that there was a tiny chip in one of the stanchions, which Pace had looked at, and advised him to fill and smooth down.

I contacted the seller about the forks prior to buying them, to ask if they needed a service. I was informed that they had previously been factory serviced by Pace, and that the seals etc were all fine, and that the forks did not require another service.

I received them today and fitted them to my bike. Turns out that none of the damping works (compression or rebound) at all, and the Launch Control (LC2) also doesn't work.

To add to this, the forks do not extend fully on rebound, and they make a worrying 'clunk' when rebounding also, from the left (spring side) leg.

I'd like to keep the forks, but have them serviced – do you think I would be reasonable if I asked the seller to at least pay for half of the service costs, being as I was assured that it was not required before I bought the forks?

Thanks

Ps. I have contacted the seller regarding this – I did so as soon as I'd fitted the forks and discovered the problem.

sc-xc

…the trouble with this new site is you just have to click on your name to see who you bought the forks off

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

To be honest, given the description, he should either refund plus postage or pay for a full service from fork english.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Mighty fine forks though when set up right. I've got 41 fighters

ojom
    Free Member

I contacted the seller about the forks prior to buying them, to ask if they needed a service. I was informed that they had previously been factory serviced by Pace

18 months ago from the original ad non?

thats a long time….

ZaskarCarbon
    Free Member

Yes, I agree that 18 months is a long time between services. However that was part of the reason I asked him if they were due for another one (taking into account the £79 charge if I was to do it through Pace).

The fact that I was informed that they didn't need another service was what persuaded me to buy them. I would have no doubt had them serviced a few months down the line. However I would have thought twice about buying them in the first place if I'd realised that it needed to be done straight away, as it's not really something which I can afford at the moment.

If anyone wants to look up who I bought them from, then that's up to you – I just didn't want to "name and shame" that's all 🙂

TheFunkyMonkey – Yeah I love them…. This is my third set now. I've had 41XCAMs and Fighters, and now these.

cynic-al
    Free Member

"previously serviced" – nice and vague.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice Please..? Not happy with buyer description…’ is closed to new replies.