Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Advice please – fork splitting in preparation for sale.
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So we all know i messed up and damaged the threads on my new Sektor RL forks. These were confirmed as beyond repair and have since been replaced with some 2014 Revelation RCT3 (cheers Daveh).

Now i’m going to strip the fork (sektor) down and sell the bits. I don’t really understand which bits i can sell though. As in separately or together.

So i know i can sell the maxle but what consists of the uppers? Do i sell the moco and the air section on their own and the csu es just that? as in just the stantions and steerer?

Any help would be great. Thanks

wwaswas

cut the disk mount off to make the lowers unusable and sell the fork complete as ‘new, damaged – spares or repair’ on ebay?

honourablegeorge

You’d easily sell an RL damper to someone with R forks looking to upgrade, it just unscrews once you take off the top screw and adjuster.

Someone might want the crown/steerer/stanchion unit to swap between straight and tapered, or to sort a damaged steerer, or one that’s too short, so you could sell that separate too. Beyond that, you have a rebound damper and air spring assembly – not sure how easy those are to shift. The wee red adjuster from the bottom would probably bring a tenner, everyone loses those.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers, i put the fork on ebay and it didn’t meet my reserve, which i thought was low.

I’ll strip it down and sell the moco, maxle and csu. Maybe someone could use the air spring assembly to go from coil to air?

Thanks for the advice.

letmetalktomark

Is the CSU 1 1/8”?

If so interested as I think I may have some lowers.

drew

How much would you want for the maxle?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Tapered csu sorry.

I’ll be sticking up a for sale thread later Drew. Just want to keep this thread as a advice one 🙂

Got pulled up before about a thread as people thought it was an ad.

drew

No worries, I’ll keep an eye out for it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Advice please – fork splitting in preparation for sale.’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts