Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Advice Please! Fork rebuild after hydrolock has occurred
  • zingrock
    Free Member

Noob alert.
    I can’t remember when it happened but recently my 2008 Rockshox Recon Race SLite have stopped functioning, they only decompress about an inch or so then seem to bottom out. After some research I’m guessing that a seal has broken and oil has seeped into a lower chamber and is stopping the forks from traveling the full 100mm.

I know Nothing about fork maintenance or rebuilding but I don’t want to spend £50 getting my lbs to do it for me. So I was hoping that with some help from you guys I could fix the problem myself.

So where do I start?
    Do I need to buy special oil, seals and tools or a kit?
    Is there something specific for my fork? (RockShox Recon Race SLite, 100mm, 32mm alloy stanchions and steerer, Turn Key damper w/ lockout and reb. adj., 13-15″ standard spring, 17-23″ “stiff” spring, disc only)
    Will it take long?
    Is it difficult?

Any help will be appreciated please!

Doh1Nut

Look at the SRAM youtube channel – lots of videos and pdfs from the SRAM site.
    O-rings etc off ebay.
    To do it properly you will need to spend some money on greases and oils etc. but they should keep you going for a while.

allyharp

Look on eBay for a seal kit. Much cheaper than Rockshox ones (about £8). I think evilhomersimpson is the name of the seller I usually use.

zingrock
    Free Member

Okay cheers il have a look! Im not sure what kit i need, like what should it contain?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Advice Please! Fork rebuild after hydrolock has occurred’ is closed to new replies.