Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • advice please for getting 15 year old son to Spain
  • offpiste
    Free Member

Ok so the scenario is this: son has been invited by school friend’s family to join then in Spain for a week in August. Tried to book flight today but Ryanair won’t take lone children under 16. It was going to be Stansted to Gerona and costing about £100, looks like the only other carrier is klm but they are nearly £300. Does anyone have any other ideas or do we just have to swallow the extra? Plan b might be for the rest of us to go as well (Mrs op plus son #2) if we can get a reasonable deal for a week or two. Any suggestions much appreciated!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Collect+?

cloudnine
    Free Member
    Mackem

Stanstead to Barcelona then train to Girona. Sure there must be some cheap flights on this route.

offpiste
    Free Member

Thanks for suggestions, will look into these

crapjumper
    Free Member

Don’t use citylink – they lost my Gopro !

pixelmix
    Free Member

I flew with Easyjet as an under 16 many moons ago. Admittedly that was within the UK, so might be different though. Vaguely recall my sister and I being shown on to the plane by the cabin crew.

jambalaya
    Free Member

BA are very good with unaccompanied minors. Ryan cannot be bothered (nor with disabled either), another reason to avoid that dreadful company.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘advice please for getting 15 year old son to Spain’ is closed to new replies.