• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by jimw.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Advice please Doctors surgery and Men B vaccine.
  • fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

So I’ve been trying to get my Daughter in for a Men B vaccine for a while now and our doctors surgery has finally started doing them at £100 a jab.

So she was booked in for today and the asked me on the phone at the time of appointment that they wanted cash. I thought fair enough its not like they need to carry a card machine.

The other half took little girl today and she received the vaccine. But they said technically because it was a private thing they wouldn’t note it down on her record that she had had the vaccine. This is the thing that doesn’t sit right but I’m not sure.

Does this sound right to people or should it be noted down on her records?

Drac

No it doesn’t not at all.

northshoreniall

Sounds bs or lack of knowledge to me from whoever spoke to you. For surveillance / if ever was issue with the batch or drug how will they know it’s been given?

blitz

Without doubt should be recorded in the clinical record.

jimw
    Free Member

it should be recorded as being administered as non GMS. It is one of the drop down options when read coding the innoculation. It is no different to recording travel innoculations that are administered in surgeries and paid for.

DrP

They are wrong…
    Is there tip ex on the monitor?

DrP

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments.
    not quite sure what you mean DrP. Are you saying they maybe doing something iffy?

revs1972
    Free Member

Did you get a receipt ? (For the cash transaction)

jimw
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments.
    not quite sure what you mean DrP. Are you saying they maybe doing something iffy?

Perhaps he simply meant that they were not very bright? ( as in using tippex on a monitor to correct a misspelt word on a word processing package)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Advice please Doctors surgery and Men B vaccine.’ is closed to new replies.