Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • advice please – best place to advertise my Golf GTi ?
  • iainc

I am selling my 2.5 yr old Golf GTi as I am getting a Company Car. I have had it up on PistonHeads, S1 Cars and Road Record (I am in Glasgow) for a week, but apart form an early call from a dealer, no interest. Price is about right, reasonable mileage, great condition, good pics up etc etc. Should I bit the bullet and pay the £40 for Autotrader or are there better alternatives ?

Thanks

legend76
    Free Member

ebay

oxnop
    Free Member

I have just bought a 07 GTI (picking up next sat) and I think yours is priced really well. If I was after a 5 door I would have given you a shout.

I wouldnt ebay it yet, id keep with piston heads and all the free sites. Just bear in mind its coming up to xmas and I think normal people will prob start buying in Jan.

iainc

thanks for that – I think the time of year certainly is a factor right enough. cheers

djglover
    Free Member

Pistonheads or Ebay, Autotrader will be more of a pain in the a**e than you can ever imagine

simon_g

Autotrader still has the most potential buyers looking at the website. Don't know how many people still get the magazine but there must still be a lot. Depends how keen you are to sell – £40 and having it gone in a week has to be better than plugging away for a month or two on the free options. Likewise dipping just below the £13k mark would get some more interest.

As said, rubbish time of year to try to sell a car – everyone's thinking about other things.

Swalsey
    Free Member

+1 Pistonheads & Autotrader combination

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Pistonheads is full of people that like to have an opinion, but don't like to flash the cash.
    If your serious about selling your car get it on Autotrader.

steviegil
    Free Member

Smart car dude 8)

iainc

thanks all – have dropped the price to just under 13K and will get it up on autotrader too I think

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Stick it on the classifides here. You might be surprised!

Only ever sold 1 car privately (usually trade them in) and that was in Autotrader. It went in under 2 weeks and I didn't get any time wasters.

steveh

Definitely autotrader over ebay as prices are better (higher) that way. November is the worst month of the year to sell (prices lowest due to less customers) with things improving slowly over dec/jan and getting back to normal around feb.

iainc

Peter – I put it on the classifieds the other week -)

Just stuck it on Autotrader

many thanks all

dooosuk
    Free Member

http://www.clubgti.co.uk

Have a classifieds section…there are also plenty of other VW GTI clubs where adverts are free.

http://www.edition38.co.uk
    etc.

iainc

update -)

I put it on Autotrader Monday, gotta call last night from a guy who saw it on their website, sold at good price, met guy at bank this morning, cash paid into my account, job done. Phew…

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Aye, sometimes autotrader is the best choice & it's not that expensive if it gets the car shifted pronto. 🙂

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Paid twice to sell a car via autotrader and never worked, however keeping it spick and span with a few good signs in windows, and the right price always did. If people see it looking clean when you are out and about you never know? its always worked for me.

PS price is about right, however credit crunch and xmas will slow intrest down, plus some dealers will take silly money for cars at the middle/higher end of used car market, for example a well known garage in Glasgow ran by a guy called Arnold sold my brother a 1 year old passat sport estate TDi (170bhp version) with extras, mint with 9k miles… at less than £12K!!! cost new… around 22k!

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Stick it in autotrader, £40 to sell a £13,000 car is a drop in the ocean.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘advice please – best place to advertise my Golf GTi ?’ is closed to new replies.