Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Advice please
  • crasher
    Free Member

I've recently bought a Marin rocky ridge 09 and was wondering what needs lubing/checking after rides, and what lube to use? Its got Fox 32 Vanilla R forks, do these need greasing? I know these seem basic questions but I'm not sure!

thomthumb
    Free Member

fox forks should ideally have a small service every 15 hours. involves cleaning the seals so that no dirt gets in and scratches them.

clean and lube the drvetrain after everyride in the winter – every couple in the dry.

crasher
    Free Member

Thanks for the reply, but what does a 'small service' entail?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

remove the lowers (undo the bolts on the bottom of the legs), pour away oil, clean seals, put new oil back in, reassemble. Its covered in MBR this month (or it might be what MTB)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Look after them there forks as a Mojo service will cost a small fortune. I got hit for 232 notes the last time and that's defiantly going to be the last time. 😕

crasher
    Free Member

thanks, I'll have a look foir that mag cos I dont wanna get stung for 200 plus notes

seanodav
    Free Member

http://www.mojo.co.uk/dustwiper.htm
    This should help, just dont turn fork the right way up with lowers off, or you will need change all the oil in damper and not the 5 ml mentioned.

crasher
    Free Member

Thanks all, just what I was looking for!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Advice please’ is closed to new replies.