Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Advice on winter 29er tyres would be great….
  • bigben69
    Free Member

Hi, Just about to take charge of my new Cube Ltd Race 29er….

The tyres as it stands are Schwalbe Rapid Rob 2.25…

I live on the southdowns in West sussex sometimes rides Surrey too…

General riding is singletrack, lots or roots and well muddy during the rainy season… pretty chalky too.

Any advice on winter tyres would be great!

Ta Ben.

jimw
    Free Member

I have found Maxxis Ignitor front/aspen rear to be a good combination so far in most conditions including pelting rain- the rear would not suit very heavy mud though , it does grip but can clog quite quickly but the larger wheel provides good traction any away. I have had Ignitors both ends and it grips very well but is harder work!

A friend has Beavers on his Specialized full sus and he is pleased with them so far- certainly grip well in mud

steve_b77
    Free Member

Beavers, mud x or Soecalized ground control or purgatory

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Slogo
    Free Member

Schwables Hans Dampf

TooTall
    Free Member

Put weight on. I’ve yet to find mud I can’t get a grip through with any 29er tyre. If you press down hard enough, anything will grip!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

What tyre threads are bad enough, but 4 in a day is unforgivable 😉

KevinPP
    Free Member

Riding in the same area and have had Bonty XDX on my 29er 2 summers and last winter. Excellent tyre but sadly hard to find these days. I think the 29-3 is quite similar though.
    29er tyres definately grip better anyway and I haven’t felt the need for anything more aggressive locally.

baznav73
    Free Member

Mud x’s are about the best until panaracer pull their finger out and make a trail raker 29×1.95 ust not stupid fat ones.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

5!!!!!!
    Nob

bigben69
    Free Member

Thank you to the people who answered my Question…

Ta

baznav73
    Free Member

I think you should start one more thread just to be sure 😆

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Advice on winter 29er tyres would be great….’ is closed to new replies.