Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice on Which Fork….
  • giantjason
    Free Member

I initailly had a 2010 Magura Thor 140mm travel fork that is back due to warranty and the shop has given me a few options to either wait on it being fixed or get something new. I felt that the Magura had too much dive and difficult to setup.

Should i stick with the 2010 Magura Thor 20mm TA and get it setup properly or:

1. Upgrade to a Fox Float 150 RL fork 15qr
    2. Upgrade to a Fox Talas 150 RL fork 15qr

Would either of the forks above be a step up. I am not fused on travel adjust and want a fork to fit and forget. It appears the Fox forks dont have compression settings and are the older open bath damper and not the latest FIT version.

Any ideas/advice would be good.

giantjason
    Free Member

anyone?

debaser

I have some Laurin 130 FCRs and, you are right, Magura forks are anything but fit and forget.

Reckon it was worth the effort to get them set up right though. Don't know if Thors are air or coil but higher than recommended air pressure and a little bit of compression damping helps to reduce dive on mine.

giantjason
    Free Member

The Thors are an air fork and most poeple say they need to run a higher pressure than in the manual.

poppa
    Free Member

You also need to make sure that as you inflate them you pump down hard on them every now and then to fill the negative air chamber. Otherwise your pressure readings are a load of bunkum, IIRC.

woody2000

Fit and forget? Coils is what you need sir 🙂

giantjason
    Free Member

poppa – i thought all you had to do when inflating the forks was turn the travel adjust knob. The manual doesnt say anything about having to pump/move the fork through its travel.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice on Which Fork….’ is closed to new replies.