Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • advice on which budget hybrid / rigid mtb please
  • jairaj

Hi all need some advice on budget hybrid bikes.

A couple guys at work at thinking of getting some bikes for a short commute to work and generally having a pootle about. They know I’m a cyclist so they are coming to me for advice unfortunately if it’s not a mountain bike I have no idea what I’m talking about.

They are looking for something very cheap around £200 to £300, cheaper if possible. Short 2 or 3 mile commute to work via either canal footpath or road and maybe the occasional leisure ride on either hard pack dirt tracks or gravelly path type stuff.

I’m thinking either some sort of hybrid bike or rigid mtb with skinny tyres should be fine?

So what can you guys suggest? Either new or second hand …

thanks in advance.

jamiep
    Free Member

Evans Cycles own brand Pinnacle range

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Revolution Courier from Edinburgh bicycle

jairaj

Thanks will take a look at those suggestions. Are any of the Carrera or Voodoo bikes at Halfords worth a look?

kilo

Carrera bikes are quite good as are Decathlon’s offerings

mountainman

Halfords Carrera bikes are worth a look ,as long as local store has decent mechanics/bike hut staff that can set them up properly.

Got a Carrera fury myself ,good bike for the price,3 years old now and still holding out well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘advice on which budget hybrid / rigid mtb please’ is closed to new replies.