Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • advice on returning a bike
  • gfletch
    Free Member

hi folks, ive bought a giant trance 2 from the giant store in york on the 26th of jan, after taking it out today for the first time ive realised that its too big, can i take it back and swap it for a smaller frame, its obviously still in showroom condition.

bikeneil
    Free Member

It can’t be in showroom condition if you’ve used it.

Cougar

You’ve no legal right to (unless it’s faulty), but the shop might be nice to you.

matt_outandabout

That took a while to get a first ride..I would have been out the night it was bought.

As above, no right to, just a shop that might be nice, if the ride was once round a dry Tarmac playground…

gfletch
    Free Member

haha, yeah thats what i thought, i’ll probs end up either selling or swapping it,

rickon
    Free Member

You could try making it fit, what length stem is on it? Is it a lay back seat post?

tinglesrack
    Free Member

Best place to ask is probably the shop 😉
    Most shops will take a bike back and swap for a different size if its still in a new condition. Worst case scenario is they might charge you a small fee if they have to sell the bike as shop soiled

Cougar

Can’t hurt to ask (nicely), they can only say no.

scotroutes

Small shop, big shop, chain?
    Did you pay full RRP?
    Is it a current model?

All of these factors will dictate the shops response.

CheesybeanZ

Did you walk in and ask to buy a large or did the shop recommend the bike you bought ? Was it in stock , ie last years model at discounted price or did they have to order it in for you ?

gfletch
    Free Member

Giant store in York, new trance 2 27-5, sat on bike & thought it was ok, but after a ride it feels too big ??

hora
    Free Member

Bought size 11 shoes, wore them out last Sat night. Too big. Think Clarks will take them back OP?

mjsmke

If you say it’s still in showroom condition then just say you haven’t ridden it yet.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘advice on returning a bike’ is closed to new replies.