Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • advice on peak route tomorrow
  • tailsmtb
    Free Member

Hi all,
    After some advice on which route to choose tomorrow afternoon. Its between the beast, cut gate or Jacobs ladder. We haven’t done any, we will do all one day, so its a question of which is in the best condition at the moment.
    Any advice?

stevedoc
    Free Member

Id say the Beast , Cutgate imho is overated and will be grim and boggy , as for Jacobs ,its horses for courses some love it I just prefer the Dark peak route including the Beast ,just include the crazy mile as well

tailsmtb
    Free Member

Cheers, if cut gate is boggy at the mo then we’ll leave it.
    Crazy mile?

stevedoc
    Free Member

stevedoc
    Free Member

After the beast decent , up and across the A57 then climb up to the top ,and follow decent (crazy mile as Strava called it ) or Nabs wood decent http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/ladybower-loop/ 26-27

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’m terrible remembering trail names but the trail that drops to the back of the ladybower pub is one of my favs. (Les Alps) I’ve heard it called?

richpips
    Free Member

Been out tonight in the Dark Peak, it’s quite dry. Cut gate might be a goer.

tailsmtb
    Free Member

Thanks guys, if anyone is out in the morning please post as I’ll check it.
    By the looks of things It’ll be the beast route from hope which is in my mates guidebook, as from a WhatsApp photo the navigation looks simple. I need to buy a GPS one day as map faffing whilst riding is a pain.

stevedoc
    Free Member

If I wasn’t in work at 2pm I would have joined you , but lifes a pig and ive earmarked a playday Saturday so cant grumble to much

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bit wet on Hope Brinks earlier in the week, lots of pooling water but rest of ‘wet’ loop should be ok,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘advice on peak route tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.