Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice on friends messy divorce stuff
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

This is way out of my league but one of my oldest friends has been confiding in me re his marriage, they haven’t been getting on for a while and last night he found out shes been having an affair with someone from her work.

Marriage is over they have two children.

I have told him to keep records of whats going on and go seek legal advice…on all accounts shes not very nice…

She told him all this at the same time he found out his mum has terminal cancer…and today is the first treatment for her…

The guy is in pieces and I really feel for him

I guess I’m off loading this…

Advise taken

Ps its not my wife as her chains are well shackled to the kitchen !

Pigface
    Free Member

Be there for him, two sides to every story.

Not your circus not your monkeys

martinhutch

Supportive as you can be, without being drawn into the ‘my wife’s a bitch’ conversations, if at all possible.

cookeaa

Be there for him, two sides to every story.

Not your circus not your monkeys

Yeah basically, be supportive and listen, sometimes offering ‘helpful advice’ isn’t really what people need, just be a mate. you can’t fix this for him much as I’m sure you’d like to, but you can help him pick things up after it’s all over…

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Of course I know is not my circus !

All I can do is listen I’ve told him I’m not getting into the I don’t like your Mrs conversation it’s unproductive for him.

Can’t really offer much advice re legal stuff as I don’t know anything that’s why I’m asking.

konabunny
    Free Member

have sex with one of these circus monkeys you’re all talking about? It won’t save his marriage but it might take his mind off it

fuzzhead
    Free Member

The best thing you can do right now is to be a friend and convince both parties to stay away from lawyers. Everyone needs to stay as cool as is possible.

I speak from very, very bitter experience.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice on friends messy divorce stuff’ is closed to new replies.