Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Advice on forks for orange ST4 please
  • deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

Hi i started building my new bike last night

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26528492@N00/5030905084/

a good start made last night but a few schoolboy errors!

So the Reba SL 120 maxle light fork steerer is a tad short so rather than ream the head tube im considering selling them and fitting one of the new Sektor U turn forks

Just thought i would ask IYHO if a sektor U turn for would be over kill on this trail bike build?

thanks DTD

Alex

Looking nice that. Mine has a set of Reba 120 Maxle Team up front. Definitely the sweet spot for the ST4. Not sure how well it’d go with more travel up front. I did have a set of u-turn revs on there for a few rides, but ended up setting them at 120mm and leaving them there.

gamo
    Free Member

Stick to 120’s i’ve got floats spaced to 120mm on mine,spot on!

Surfr
    Free Member

Im running Rebas at 100mm on mine! I keep meaning to remove the spacer to get them to 100mm but the bike feels great as it is, so I’m not in a rush.

nerd
    Free Member

I run Revelation Races spaced to 120mm and they are schweeet.

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

cheers folks 120mm looks like the prefered travel choice 😆

i have spotted a nice deal on revelations so may just adjust the all travel spacers to 120 mm

However the sektors are availables at my lbs so may try them and set the solo airs to 130mm

Thanks alex i got a lot done in one night
    happy so far but want to add a touch of colour with superstar xc wheels set with white rim and coloured hub .

P.s what in your opinion would a reasonable price to sell the reba 120 SL maxle light? they were stripped from a new bike and never ridden? thanks DTD

deertrackdoctor
    Free Member

i could ream/ face 2.5mm off the head tube at each end but will that bugger the warranty?

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Fairly sure it would.
    120 Reba maxlelite’s here too. Work very well with the frame.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Advice on forks for orange ST4 please’ is closed to new replies.