Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Advice on Family Hols in Wales (Snowden Area O and with 2 young girls)
  • Rochey
    Free Member

Hi All.

Me and Mrs R and 2 mini Miss R are looking to go away to Wales (Snowden area), now to be honest we know it looks nice but have no idea of the area.

We love walking and the great outdoors but with an 8 and 4 year old what and where is beat.

We are looking for a either a cottage, log cabin type thing so can anyone help us out.

Cheers

Ambrose

Is this a re-post?

Rochey
    Free Member

yes as I only had 2 post last time, so I thought I would try again.

Raindog
    Free Member

Can’t recommend a cottage, but I’d suggest somewhere near Llanberis / Beddgelert area – near to Snowdon and the main attractions, easy access to Anglesey (fabulous beaches). Betws-y-Coed is lovely but may be a bit much to ask two kids to walk round there as it’s in a valley and the only way is up.

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

Rhibo cottage:

http://www.rhibo-cottage.co.uk/

Ours were 10 and 8 at the time. More from the holiday here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84788821@N00/sets/72157604629604153/

Rochey
    Free Member

Andy, thats looks spot on.

E mail will be sent.

Cheers

Rochey
    Free Member

AnalogueAndy can you let me know abit more about the cottage.

What was it like?
    Was there much to do either there or close by?
    Would you stay there again?

FYI, Mrs R and the kids love it, so before I book I thought I would ask the questions above.

Cheers.

Raindog
    Free Member

FWIW I owned and ran a B&B in Betws-y-Coed for three years, if you want to chat about the area email me with your phone number and I’ll give you a call tomorrow.

dyls

Depends what the girls like. Llandudno area might be a better base, beach, cinema, shops and not that far from Snowdon. Otherwise Betws y Coed/Llanberis area is a good base for walking and hiking.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Advice on Family Hols in Wales (Snowden Area O and with 2 young girls)’ is closed to new replies.