Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Advice on drink driving etc
  • pat12
    Free Member

As someone who has been on the receiving end of being hit by a drunk driver, having to give my own mother mouth to nose (jaw completely smashed) and then watching her and one of my brothers having to be cut out the car, I don’t understand why you are asking on here rather than stating that you’ve already informed the police as the person is a selfish prick who doesn’t car how many lives he may ruin.

wholy crap that’s frighting 🙁

matt_outandabout

Personally, I think the law should be tighter than that. If someone is driving, they shouldn’t be drinking any alcohol. Then there’s absolutely no doubt if alcohol is impairing the ability to drive.

^This. We have pretty much zero in Scotland, a small allowance (less than a pint of beer) for morning after, thats it.

Report him. Now.

craigxxl
    Free Member

pat12 – Member

wholy crap that’s frighting

I was only 17 at the time and just been taught first aid in my basic training a week or two before. Never thought I’d have to practice it on my own family.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

one call to crimestoppers done.

Drac

Just report him there’s no excuse.

aracer
    Free Member

There is a bit of a difference, but the correct solution to both is the same. In any case, being an alcoholic is no excuse for getting in a car when you’ve been drinking – if you need a drink that much then you need to find some other form of transport.

Cougar

I doubt he’s fit to take make a quick response in driving situations, but is it my responsiblity to question this?.

It’s not your responsibility to make a judgement on whether they’re fit to drive. It is however your responsibility to notify someone who is qualified to make that decision.

Same with the OP’s question. You’re not the one judging him, you’re simply flagging up a potential issue. If he’s not doing anything wrong, he’ll not be charged with an offence.

dannybgoode

I tried to shop the MiL. The police were disinterested to say the least. I was furious with them having convinced Mrs Danny it was the right thing to do and they couldn’t give a toss…

Torminalis
    Free Member

I was going to ask, if I shopped my neighbour for driving drunk frequently, what would actually happen?

tpbiker
    Free Member

If you feel awkward doing it as he’s your boss then pm me the location and the registration and I’ll happily call them for you.. Drink driving annoys the shit out of me..

At least then he’s hopefully on the radar.

Serious offer..

Mounty_73

Wow, quite a few posts. I kind of knew the answer, but as in real life, things are not always as straight forward as they should be…

If you feel awkward doing it as he’s your boss then pm me the location and the registration and I’ll happily call them for you.. Drink driving annoys the shit out of me..

At least then he’s hopefully on the radar.

Serious offer..

Cheers for the offer, someone I know has also offered to do it…..

The guy is an utter knob and I have struggled to find anything positive about the guy, so it should be easy to report him….

Dickyboy

Drunk driver alcoholic, nurse, on her way to counselling – ran over a woman and her two grandchildren in our village, she got 8yrs in jail, lost her job etc

You’ll be doing your boss and many others a favour by dobbing them in believe me

jimbobo
    Free Member

simple. Shop them to the police, police put a marker on the car and keep an eye out, this might achieve nothing. or, they pull them over and breathalyse them, they might be clear, but this might put the frighteners on them to stop drinking and driving, or they blow positive, in which case the police have caught a criminal and they face the repercussions of their crime.

lotsroad
    Free Member

You won’t know this I suppose, but what if he has previous convictions for same? Would it make a difference to your decision? Why?

I used to deliver drink/drive programmes and its amazing how many people persist with this offence in spite of previous punishment. Sounds obvious but one of the key determinants is basically: ‘attitude to the drink drive law”. Most people who get done for drink driving know the law is sensible and right and they were foolish and wrong. People who do it repeatedly actually privately believe,that the law’s a bit daft really and they actually are allright when they drive. They won’t express their view outloud because obvs they know they’ll get harangued. But their behaviour is an expression of the belief. It might apply to others but actually, it doesn’t apply to them because ‘they don’t feel drunk’ look at the evidence: how many times they’ve ‘got away with it’ etc. etc.
    In the end It often comes down to either giving up driving or giving up drinking. Or jail.
    They never give up drinking.
    It’s interesting to note -and don’t reach for the pitchforks here – there was a statistical study done showing that the chances of killing someone for drink driving are actually quite low: 14 000 to 1. This data is quite sound and readily measurable : total number of drink drive convictions compared to number of drink drive convictions involving fatality. Obvs this is not a justification, but its the experience of ‘getting away with it’ that reinforces the behaviour.
    What therefore is your ethical responsibility in this situation? You choose.

tjagain

Shp him

I have shopped a local guy who used to drink and drive. The cops were happy i did so and went and waited for him on his way home from the pub.

CountZero

zanelad – Member
    STW making innocent people the villans yet again.

I’m struggling to understand what this actually means; that is, I understand the individual words, but the sequence they’ve been put in just doesn’t parse.
    Can someone translate for me, please?

jkomo

You will do him a massive favour.

Shop him now.

lotsroad
    Free Member

I’m struggling to understand what this actually means; that is, I understand the individual words, but the sequence they’ve been put in just doesn’t parse.
    Can someone translate for me, please?

Count Zero, I share your difficulty and sympathise with it. Adopting the very best of Famous Five (c. E. Blyton) detection techniques I wondered if the message might actually be in a ‘reverse code’ and make sense if transcribed backwards:

sniaga tey snalliv eht elpoep tnecconni gnikam WTS

Alas, it still remains impenetrable.

The timbre of the language does suggest perhaps an ancient Inuit tribe, or even an ancient African tongue, perhaps from the Troll Valley region?

DickBarton

Call police and flag it and also make hr aware if they work at Sam emplacement as you…more to hopefully get some support and assistance to help them to stop.

SaxonRider

There really is no ambiguity about the matter. You have a moral obligation to report him.

project
    Free Member

The poor chap is possibly suffering from stress over work and his drinking is helping him cope with the strains of his job,possibly his partner is getting upset at his long hours,and giving him greif at home, his kids have become unruly as he doesnt have time to spend time with them,he works hard to support his wife and kids, and give them a good standard of living , his heavy drinking all helps above relieve his stresses.

Thats what drunks usually say.

Then due to his drinking he injures or kills someone, real and deep stress then affects all those involved, those who didnt report him, those who could have warned him about his drinking etc.

Just report him and get the “piss head” off the road. Every little helps.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Advice on drink driving etc’ is closed to new replies.