Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Advice on best anti puncture strategy please
  • nickingsley
    Free Member

Just finished a great ride out on an Orbit tandem BUT suffered punctures front and back where the weldtite anti puncture tape overlaps. I had cut with a sharp knife and did everything I could think of to get a smooth profile but still both tyres punctured at the overlap. The tyres were 700 x 35c at 90 psi. I’ve not suffered this problem on mtb tyres – maybe the thicker tubes at a lower pressure helps?

I will put in a piece of sacrificial inner tube where they crossover to protect the inflated inner tube when I repair them this evening as that’s the best strategy I can think of.

I just wondered if anyone else had a master strategy ?

Thanks for any useful tips in advance.

Nic

Popped in to the Eureka cafe @ Two Mills this afternoon and enjoyed some great coffee and company. However the bacon was as edible as a depleted uranium tipped shell – seriously the fork bent without piercing – is the grub normally better than that?

beej

What tyres are you using? Maybe something with more protection? I use GP 4 seasons and get about one puncture a year – and that’s about 5000 miles of road riding.

nickingsley
    Free Member

Schwalbe Marathon(Kevlar Guard).
    Added the Weldtite anti puncture tape because of a flat from hawthorns where I live 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Advice on best anti puncture strategy please’ is closed to new replies.